Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Tag Making

When I make tags for scrapbooking, or gift presentation, I love to have little quotes or sayings on them. It gives them a little more oomph or something. (Forgive these pictures, they were taken a long time ago with my old camera in my old bedroom...when I lived with my parents...before I was even engaged. Haha!) Anyways, this first one is just upcycled cardboard (thin kind) with some making memories glitter letters ("create"), a pink swirl stamped background and some little embellies - a ticket stub heart and some martha stewart polka wings.
Tags are such an easy way to experiment new things...this is a house chipboard shape (JBS studios) with some Martha pink polka paper, some purposely roughed up Heidi Swapp rub-ons & some craft glitter & ribbon to finish off the edges.
Here I was playing with a bunch of new stuff (at the time!) glitter sticky back paper, vintage buttons, and some fiberfill/tulle I had laying around. JBS butterfly chipboard, glitter silver pen.These little cuties above are a great way use up those flower diecuts (I have gazillions and make an adorable gift. Make 'em in batches! Little clay pots, painted. Glue foam pieces (with foam glue) up to about level with the top (try to get them as close to pot shape as possible) Glue some boa to top of foam and attach a paper, cardboard or thin wood object to a wood skewer. On opposite side of skewer, glue a mini clothespin. Voila, a recipe/note holder is born! Made these for a bunch of friends and they loved them!!
Have a wonderful day! Fresh scrapbooking layouts tomorrow!
Amber

1 comment:

Chelle said...

such cute tags! i love what you did with the butterfly! and can't wait to see that FOOTBALL layout! :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...