Tuesday, October 18, 2011

How to Make a Baby Football Onesie

This was the post I hinted at a few days ago...I made baby Barrett a little football onesie.

Here's what you'll need:
1. Paint (I used Martha Stewart's AMAAAZING paint that can be used on literally any surface..it needs a whole post of it's own!...anyways, I used a white colored paint...I think it was high gloss variety)
2. A foam brush (I get mine on Michaels super sales - 20 brushes/$1 and keep them on hand for projects such as this!)3. Masking Tape - mine was about 1" wide.4. A plain brown onesie - I used a Rabbit Skins brand onesie from Hobby Lobby @ 40% off...it cost about $2.50.
I don't have the inbetween pictures (well, I have some but they're in RAW format and not easily accessible to me right at the moment)...but basically, I masked off the long strip first and painted and let it get semi-dry, then CAREFULLY peeled off the masking tape and then masked off the little strips (taking the masking tape just up to the painted part - not covering any of the painted parts) and painted the little strips.

And let it dry! And then you have something like this...
Awwww! It's a little football Barrett...
And a Nebraska picture!
And this unrelated one...just because it's so cute....!!!
The End! Email/comment with any questions...I will try to post better inbetween shots in the futures! Amber

3 comments:

Crafty Expressions said...

That is so cute!

L. Michelle said...

I love this project! its really adorable. I just wish I had a lil boy to make one for..lol. I have been a follower for awhile, love your projects.

Anonymous said...

The onesie and the baby are adorable!! :) haha Thanks Auntie Amber for making it for Barrett. I haven't seen the tie shirts though. I haven't been on here in awhile. I love all of the FSU pics and commentary too. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...